Innovative Urban Farming Competition 2023
The Innovative Urban Farming Competition is an event organised by Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences Association (ATAS) in collaboration with Thought for Food (TFF) Foundation. The agriculture market is facing new challenges with the price hike of imported raw materials predicted to last a while. This has affected all types of businesses in agriculture sector like food for poultry, fertilizers and many more. This will result in an adverse huge chain reaction for all food and beverage business. The competition is to create opportunity to Malaysians to help to reduce the cost of the vegetables and fruits by encouraging the public to plant their own food.
Joining this competition will bring innovations on a bigger platform to all small farming communities in Malaysia. Participants need to submit video presentation of farming and innovations. Video should be no longer than 7 minutes. Participants also need to submit write up about community farming, innovation and/or product in .pdf size 2 pieces of A3 paper and portrait format.
- Farm size between 100m2 to maximum 4,000m2.
- Location shall be in Malaysia, preferably within a municipal council or city council
- The farm can either be on the ground, above the ground with or without soil.
- The farm must produce vegetables and/or fruits.
CATEGORY 1: Gold, Silver & Bronze, with trophy and certificates
CATEGORY 2: Gold, Silver & Bronze, with trophy and certificates*BEST OF THE BEST: To recommend for commercialisation through Thought For Food (TFF)
- REGISTRATION DATE: 1 FEBRUARY 2023
- SUBMISSION DATE: 1 APRIL 2023
- PRIZE GIVING DATE: 27 MAY 2023
IUFC Registration Form
"*" indicates required fields